Y-piped and no cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
on my 94 zz1 i am running stock manifolds into stock cat into 3 inch pipe Y-ed into 2 1/4 with dual 12 inch glasspacks. it has an amazing tone one of the better sounding trucks around. but it is not loud enough. ppl always ask whhy i dont have it louder.i want ot cut the cat but im worried it will sound like ****. the cat has 130000 miles on it so its probably in rough shape. should i replace with a high flow or just cut it all together?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IF you like your current tone but want more loud then a high flow cat is what you want.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
IF you like your current tone but want more loud then a high flow cat is what you want.

^^^Agreed^^^

the honey comb on the inside of my cat actually broke free from the rest of housing and was making a terrible rattling noise so I just cut it out and replaced it with a section of open pipe because i did not want to pay for a new cat but it did change the sound

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 93 I had one glasspack one in two out and when I went with a Magnaflow free flowing cat instead of my stock it got to loud for me so I replace muffler with Magnaflow so the flow increased big times.

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much does a magnflow high flow cost about for our trucks? and is there a cheap place to order them on line?

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i cut it ran true duals into two high flows would i need to install another O2 sensor or could i get by with the original? im just trying to figure out the best combo