Y pipe replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylan94sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 350tbi and know the stock y-pipe is really restrictive and many people say to replace them. Where is the best place to get a better y-pipe replacement with better flow that will hook up to the stock headers? I also have my original cat that I plan to take out, does anybody sell a cat delete pipe for this? I have looked but cant really find anything. Thanks

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
The most restrictive part of the stock y pipe is the collector where it comes together. I've seen people just replace it with an aftermarket flomaster replacement but if you want you can get the full y from summit

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 94 1ton 2wd with a 350 motor isn't restrictive.... like 2.5" or so at the manifolds and 3" at the cat....and yes its stock.....

dylan94sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen many people say that they are restrictive where they collect and that gm did that to get more back pressure but I'm still not sure. I definitely want to get rid of the cat because it's 20 years old and I'm sure plugged up

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Both Jegs and Summit sell the factory offroad application Y pipe that has no cat.

ccox

Reaction score
I just put a Flowmaster y-pipe on with the cat and it doesn't seem restrictive at all. Bolted right up to the stock exhaust manifolds pretty easily. If you are interested in a new cat/y pipe, I highly suggest it(even though I know you said you are looking for a cat delete). If you go to Advance Auto's site they have it for 184.99. Use coupon code TRT30 and get $50 off. It ended up being $144 shipped, which is pretty cheap compared to what else I could find out there. In CO we have to have a cat for emissions. On a positive note, with the cat on I don't wreak of exhaust fumes anymore.

dylan94sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I only have 1 O2 sensor before the cat would there be any issues using a y pipe with the cat in front of the O2 sensor?

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
The O2 sensor needs to be in front of the cat. It's used by the trucks ECU (along with other sensors) to maintain proper air to fuel mixtures.
The truck will run terrible if it's after the cat.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the magnaflow 23256 I think part number was. Had it for 5 years on truck. Stainless steel.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2