*** Traction 4 Link Coil Over K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed the 2011 rear cab mounts and test drove it.....
HUGE difference! No more bounce on the freeway over expansion joints.
Could not be happier. Best $130.00 I've spent on the truck!

you did this on your '97 GMT400? I was under the impression that these could only be fit on the gmt800 trucks, I we can do this to ours, I'm all over it!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you did this on your '97 GMT400? I was under the impression that these could only be fit on the gmt800 trucks, I we can do this to ours, I'm all over it!

Yeah if it makes as big of a difference as you say that would be a super cheap way to improve the ride. It seems almost too easy if it really fits. My local dealership quoted me $44 ea for the 2011 rear cab mounts! I just want to double check that it can really be done on a 97 GMT400.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah if it makes as big of a difference as you say that would be a super cheap way to improve the ride. It seems almost too easy if it really fits. My local dealership quoted me $44 ea for the 2011 rear cab mounts! I just want to double check that it can really be done on a 97 GMT400.

well, on his first post it says he put it in a 2000 K3500 crew cab, but it is still a GMT400. for the price, its almost worth just giving it a shot. I think I may do that this spring/summer....

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Butch directed me here, cool site!
Thought you guys might be interested in a few pics of my truck.
2000 K3500. I just finished the front, still need to finish the rear.
I've got 6" rear Deavers on the way and a set of Sulastic Shackles. Also putting in a set of the Hydraulic 2011 rear Cab Mounts.
It's already a HUGE improvement in ride quality and handling compared to the 6" RCD IFS.

Here's a before and a few after pics.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

How close to stock height can you get this kit to?

Is 1" to 2" above stock height possible?

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Butch directed me here, cool site!
Thought you guys might be interested in a few pics of my truck.
2000 K3500. I just finished the front, still need to finish the rear.
I've got 6" rear Deavers on the way and a set of Sulastic Shackles. Also putting in a set of the Hydraulic 2011 rear Cab Mounts.
It's already a HUGE improvement in ride quality and handling compared to the 6" RCD IFS.

Here's a before and a few after pics.....

attachment.php

dieselscout80

Reaction score

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Realistically my guess would be close to 3-4" its hard to get to the height of a stock IFS setup when on a straight axle since you limit up travel drastically.

MrTwstr

Reaction score
I weighed my truck before I started, it was 6760#'s.
Finally got time to weigh it after the SFA.
It weighs 7150 #'s now.
I know the Tires and Wheels that I put on it are about 10#'s each heavier than the 37's.

So, the conversion adds about 350#'s.

I'll reply to the height questions asap.

mik2500

Reaction score
Is this kit designed around a dodge aam axle? or do you have to custom build mounts on lets say a ford style front i thought of using a dodge axle and building a rad. arm setup but seeing the four link makes me think..... now that you have the fourlink kit in the works would you have god rad. arm or is the link just as good?