XJ steering shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sneakywheel

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to do the XJ steering shaft upgrade and the cheapest I can find one is for $75. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to sell one? I have seen people get them dirt cheap and that is not really an option for me. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I cant post to the wanted section. My truck is a 96 K1500.

Thanks in advance.

TerrySmith

Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid, but what is a Jeep XJ? Is it the square body Cherokee?

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
No junkyards near you? They are easy to pull and most places sell them for less than $20

This ^

Definetly call all junkyards and scrap yards in your area, The tighter steering is worth the 75 bucks, but why pay that much if you dont have to. If there are any off road shops by you call them, they might at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Sneakywheel

Reaction score
Yea i have tried calling the junkyards around here, the best quote that i got was $75. I am currently looking on craigslist for part outs. Yea I didnt think about the off road shop, thanks for that heavyjunk!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a guy on thirdgen.org that sells them cleaned up, spot welded at the recommended spot and completely ready to go for about $75. You would have to do a search but I believe that his name was something like 87 monte ss.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
There is a guy on thirdgen.org that sells them cleaned up, spot welded at the recommended spot and completely ready to go for about $75. You would have to do a search but I believe that his name was something like 87 monte ss.

good to know.. I need another one!!

Sneakywheel

Reaction score
good to know.. I need another one!!

Hey eric.s.t, I went out and bought one and turns out it didn't work for my 96, so if you are in need of a steering shaft just let me know. If you pm me I can send pictures.