XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys finally got around to installing my jeep shaft. Mine is a 95 4x4 it seems that i might have the universal joint on the inside of the firewall like selow previous had. The shaft went on perfectly and does drive bettter. but i am worried it would cause problems.

So i guess my question is, has anyone with a 95 or 96 installed this? can you move your shaft up and down with it installed? has anyone with the older trucks installed it and mind seeing if they can move there shaft up and down at all? mine moves probably 2 inches or so up and down.

Would love to keep this mod but would like some insight also.

thanks

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
hey guys finally got around to installing my jeep shaft. Mine is a 95 4x4 it seems that i might have the universal joint on the inside of the firewall like selow previous had. The shaft went on perfectly and does drive bettter. but i am worried it would cause problems.

So i guess my question is, has anyone with a 95 or 96 installed this? can you move your shaft up and down with it installed? has anyone with the older trucks installed it and mind seeing if they can move there shaft up and down at all? mine moves probably 2 inches or so up and down.

Would love to keep this mod but would like some insight also.

thanks

Look under yer dash for the blob joint. Is there a u-joint lookin thang at the firewall? post a pic. Possibly sumbody put a later model shaft on yer truck?

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess its possible someone did. I am not sure i looked on ebay and all the 95 coloumns i found look like mine with a ujoint and the firewall.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
If u got three joints, the xj mod won't work. U will need to fab a u-joint to the stock shaft in place of the rag. There's a link to Flaming River above.