WTF!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had my dual exhaust put on yesterday. Dual Thrush Welded, with exit in front of passenger side tire. With the 3 inch body lift it has, the friggin pipes are about 6 inches lower than the body. Looks like **** IMO. Sounds good, but I hate how it looks. If I was there when the guy did it, I wouldn't have let him do it that way! Any suggestions? I'm thinking about having the shop cut those off and dump it.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't like any tailpipe or turndown at all, so I say get under there with a sawzall.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a hell of an idea. :)
Just afraid of droning. I'm getting too old for that. LOL

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have them re-run it over the frame the out the side closer to the body.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kinda didn't have a choice. I had dropped the truck off to get the work done while I was at work and didn't pick it up til after the shop closed. I called him this morning to tell him it needs to be reworked. He told me he's on vacation all next week, and to come see him after that. I think I could've done a better job welding it myself!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
When/if you run it between the frame and body, make sure they brace the pipe to both frame and body where it passes thru. You certainly don't want the exhaust settling or coming loose on some bouncy offroad adventure and rattle-canning between frame rails and body. That can get VERY annoying.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When/if you run it between the frame and body, make sure they brace the pipe to both frame and body where it passes thru. You certainly don't want the exhaust settling or coming loose on some bouncy offroad adventure and rattle-canning between frame rails and body. That can get VERY annoying.
Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate any good info. I'm actually thinking about having it taken back and dumped by the axle.