WTB OEM fog lights for bumper air dam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just finally pieced everything together to install mine...

You must be registered for see images attach

That truck looks like it had a lot of TLC, nice. Now a question, did your truck come with the air dam fog lights or did you have to cut holes in it to mount them as an after market item? The reason I ask is mine only has the holes for the tow hooks.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That truck looks like it had a lot of TLC, nice. Now a question, did your truck come with the air dam fog lights or did you have to cut holes in it to mount them as an after market item? The reason I ask is mine only has the holes for the tow hooks.

the info is on his "tow pig" thread....what a beautiful truck....

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Man, that does look sweet!
Did you buy an air dam for the lights, or just cut the openings?
That front en combo makes your truck look like a 2010 or newer model!
You have to cut one.

GM made 3 air dams for these trucks, solid, fog lights or tow hooks. You couldn't get a fog and tow hook combo

Man that looks great. Did you have to do any trimming to fit the lightbar behind the grill?
Yup, you have to cut a good amount of the fins off the back.

the info is on his "tow pig" thread....what a beautiful truck....

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to do this mod to my 94. How and what do the fog lamp brackets attach to? I am assuming theres tabs w holes for clip nuts on the bumper brackets themselves.

I plan on hard wiring this in independently on and off from the headlights and high beams. As well as doing a relay mod for the headlamps at this time. Truck hits 25 year antique exemption next year, so this will never be looked at again after next year, as it wont be inspected once i register it as an antique vehicle.

I also cant seem to find an oem 88-94 foglamp switch. I grabbed a few cargo light switches my last junkyard haunt. I am thinking i can sand and paint it, reletter it, repurpose it, and it would work fine as a regular 2 wire rocker switch. I can drill and add an amber LED to it as an indicator as well to make it somewhat stock ish looking.

Whats so horribly wrong with the TYC replacement fog lamps? I was concidering them. I bought the TYC headlamps, turn signal lenses and corner reflectors for the grille. Everything i have bought from them so far fit good and appeared well made.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Looking to do this mod to my 94. How and what do the fog lamp brackets attach to?

IIRC, they use a couple of the same bolts that hold on the valance.
Been a while since my trucks have had fogs.
I went through 4 sets of light housings & a couple of sets of bulbs before I gave up on 'em.
Killed the first set's lenses by running 100w bulbs. They didn't like that. Too hot for the glass & they shattered. 55w is stock. Damn bright for a while though!
My '97 is sorta low, the '98's lower. Had the fogs on the '98 1st. Lenses kept getting pinged by pebbles & cracking the lenses. Live in a damn rainforest. We get RAIN! Soon as the bulbs got wet, they'd pop.
Figured they were getting trashed from being so close to the ground, so I swapped everything over to the '97. New lights & housings lasted 5 months before they were cracked too.

One thing I did find was that tractor supply lights of the same size fit the housings. Same wattage. 55w. They're like $25-$30 cdn a pair.
They have to be wired-in as they have a different bulb set-up.
The factory style uses a replaceable bulb with a socket that plugs into the back of the housings.
The tractor supply lights ara sealed unit. The bulbs are not replaceable.

One thing that is nice about the factory brackets is they are aimable.
In/Out, Up/Down. Use a long handled #2 phillips to get to the adjusters on the outer sides & tops of the housings.

Check fog closest in this pic. It's shattered.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool thanks blacksport !! Its the same price as rockauto shipped after 5% discount is applied. And is another source of parts for me to archive. I did find a source for the front airdam with preformed cutouts as well. About $65 shipped aftermarket. Not sure if thats a good price for that or not.

Glad to know they are glass lenses. I wonder if i can put amber diffusers on em though. I dont need these lights all the time, but when i do need em the fog is pea soup thick.

Sewlow, is that a 4" drop in the front? I am running a 2" drop but i believe 225 60 R15s in the front so mine is pretty low. I can barely get my 2.5 ton floor jack to slip under the air dam on mine to jack it up.

Any thoughts on repurposing a cargo lamp switch into a fog lamp switch? I figure i can take it apart, wet sand it smooth to unfaded plastic, do dry xfer white letters on it, then clear coat the lettering in semigloss clear, and drill a hole for a flat tipped round amber LED indicator. I was going to restore my cargo lamp switch the same way, and add a green flat tipped LED for an indicator as well. Adding the LED indicator is easy wiring too. Connect the positive side of the LED to the output side of the switch, and negative side to ground.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, i want em on the truck mostly for asthetics, always thought they looked good on the SS 454. I wanted one of those pretty bad except for 4 things. I didnt want black exterior, didnt want red interior, didnt want a short box, and i wanted a 5 speed.

Plus when we do get fog its pretty bad. Its mostly a dry environment, and i dont drive the truck daily anyways. They should last my lifetime. I may buy spare lenses to keep on the shelf just in case though.