WTB NOS '88-'98 talilights...or great condition used

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Just FYI Bill, if you type those part numbers (5977867 and 5977868) into GM Parts Direct, you can get them a little bit cheaper. I'm sure they'll charge for shipping too so it might equal out, just something to look into.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/5977867

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/5977868

thanks......i've sorta thought i was going to have to go through a "dealer". hoping someone had some kickin 'round the garage.

i appreciate you guys helping me out....i can't seem to remember what i really need.......now i'm off onto the lights on my bikes again.....i should be riding again end of April........fu@kin A.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
i was gonna suggest the MSS course......and DON"T....try to impress yerself.

what i'm gonna say right now is the the truth Curt........there's TWO kinds of riders. those that have been DOWN...and those that will GO down. hopefully not too bad.....if you think your not in one of these categories you best rethink riding.......some "fear" will keep you safe and aware, panic is deadly......i've been doing this for 31 years, i tell you true.

if you ever wanna chat ping me or i'll give you my number.

don't tell me your pop has a SE V-rod Destroyer? even regular V-rods are quick....i built my shovelhead to beat em in the quarter.....which she did quite handily. :33:
I definitely understand. I have accepted the dangers of riding, in fact we've even lost loved ones because of it. I understand that there are two kinds of riders. All of us hope that it won't happen, but unfortunately it happens to the best of us. In fact the MSF course teacher was just talking about that, he went down for the first time in 30 years and he said it has changed his life. Much like you, I can go on and on about the dangers of riding... I am well aware of how one decision can be the last you make in your lifetime. I've been through things that no teenager should go through, and that has been a blessing and a curse. From those experiences I have gained a lot of knowledge, but also it has taken a toll on my sanity. I may look 16, but I logistically and rationally think my decisions through thoroughly, like I'm an adult (at least I like to think so).

He just has a '06 V-Rod Screaming Eagle, it looks a lot like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Except he replaced the headlight cover with a chrome one and he has the Screamin' Eagle pipes.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
these have been talked about in the other thread and you posted the link in another thread.
did some searching/translating. this is for 2 tails:
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...a-silverado-1997-a-2002-le-original-arteb-_JM
says ships to all countries.
cost is about 86 bucks. i think i might try to get a set of these. not sure if our circuit boards will fit them or not.

the wire harness is different between the USA and those trucks....i think it HAS to be. their run/turn/brake is above the single amber signal....our trucks have 2 run lights stacked and the middle lamp is also turn and brake........somewhere there's an electrical schematic i'll bet....and i'd bet the rear harness is different......their headlights also have a "city light" like the European e-codes do, wired into the parking circuit i think........

i'm sure someone savvy could figure out how to rewire it to work correctly with those lenses.....not me though

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can sand and clear the lens and make a decent set look new.