WT Work Truck vs All the rest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the difference between the WT and other models? I bought a 76 Scottsdale New and I liked some most of how it was equipped . Manuel windows, Rubber floor mat, It had full out side trim IIRC. Seems like their were a few differences.

So is a WT basically like this? Or what would be similar. I saw a 98 RCSB Cheyenne that had non power windows! With a black rear bumper? I want to check this one out, I can see that it has carpet in it...5
Not a bad thing, My 95 c2500 ECLB 330K miles, the carpet is good, nor pretty, not ragged out.

Just trying to make a list of things I would like to start with.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
W/T models came with seal beam lights instead of composites and a different grille. Painted rear bumper rubber mats and manual windows and locks. Steel wheels with black center caps.
You must be registered for see images attach

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss sealed beam headlights. Everything that I own without sealed beam the light lenses fog or in the case of my 95 ECLB The whole grill , headlights, parking-turn signal lights are just rotten. I need to replace all of that.... Hello eBay... Might as well get taillights too.

my 2001 Jeep Cherokee still has sealed beam headlights...

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I think the sealed Beam Headlights kick the **** out of the composites on these trucks especially the Truck-lite Leds. I considered putting a work truck front clip on mine just to run em.... that and the front clip is growing on me, I like em, dont see a whole lot of them around here.

USAF Long

Reaction score
Mine is a Sierra SLE but it has carpet and bucket seats and center console. It has the 4.3L and 700R4 automatic. Manual locks and windows. Mine's a 91. I have upgraded a bunch of stuff on it but I would prefer power windows and locks. Maybe someday I'll convert it.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had power door locks only on a truck, when you could just do that... Don't get wrong I like power windows, and key-less entry, But I still like full rubber mats. I live in town but have a place the country, with gravel roads, cattle and such. pull a trailer with hay.. Still a country boy

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had power door locks only on a truck, when you could just do that... Don't get wrong I like power windows, and key-less entry, But I still like full rubber mats. I live in town but have a place the country, with gravel roads, cattle and such. pull a trailer with hay.. Still a country boy

You might like my red truck. :lol: Special ordered from GM with the Silverado trim package, but with cloth buckets and the vinyl floors. Basically every option available except leather and the compass/temp mirror. It's a weird one. Kind of a fancy WT.

You must be registered for see images

Interior pic is an oldie, those red LEDs have since been switched out for regular incandescent bulbs.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
You might like my red truck. :lol: Special ordered from GM with the Silverado trim package, but with cloth buckets and the vinyl floors. Basically every option available except leather and the compass/temp mirror. It's a weird one. Kind of a fancy WT.

Interior pic is an oldie, those red LEDs have since been switched out for regular incandescent bulbs.
I like that!! I do like my leather seats but in a gmt400 I actually prefer these cloth seats and I think they are the most comfortable seats ever. And I would rather have vinyl floor as well as carpet just never gets clean.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that too... Want to sell it? just kidding. Nice Truck.

I was trying to read the Emblem by the door, but I can't see what it says.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :)

I like that too... Want to sell it? just kidding. Nice Truck.

I was trying to read the Emblem by the door, but I can't see what it says.

The little rectangle ones behind the doors on the pillars say "Silverado." They were on there from the factory. Only factory badging left on the truck (except the tailgate banner) after I switched to 454SS/Sport emblems. I considered removing them for a while but decided against it, I kind of like them for some reason.