WriteUp: How to make Windows/Mirrors Like New

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
If you're like me- you hate water spots!
I've tried all the glass cleaners that promised Water Spot removal. Some of them worked better than others but to no avail.

Here's a cheap & highly effective way to remove Water Spots from window glass & side view mirrors.

Items needed:
Rust-Oleum Rust Stripper*
Size: 8 oz.
(Purchased from W-mart)
Product SKU: 12882
Cost: $5.77
*Note: The rust stripper is acid based. Chemical resistant gloves recommended.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nitrile Disposable Gloves:
Purchased from: AutoZone
Cost: About $19.99 Box of 50 (already had a box)

(Because they have three times the puncture resistance of latex or vinyl gloves. Plus, Black Nitrile Gloves are 20% thicker than the common blue nitrile gloves)

Garden hose:
To wet the surface before & after application & to squirt unsuspecting children.
---------------------------------------------
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY & AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU CAUSE ANY DAMAGE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE (Covering my butt. I had absolutely no issues, only gained visibility)

Gather supplies and head over to your GMT400.

For front & rear windows
I recommend going over 2-3 times.
For Side windows: Go over at least 2 times.
For side Mirrors once'll do ya

Procedure:
1. Wet window

2.Apply an ample amount of product on the scrubber
(The product comes with a scrubber pad)

3. Scrub in a circular pattern. (Only scrub small sections of front/back window at a time.) Notice how it feels like there's resistance? Keep scrubbing and notice it'll glide over easily in the spots that you have scrubbed real good.

(I taped it off to show how much of an area to do at a time)

4. Rinse off area you just applied and move on to the next section of window until your done.

For Side mirrors:
1. Apply product to scrubber and VERY LIGHTLY scrub the mirror surface (to prevent scratches)

2. Rinse

Be sure to rinse off the product thoroughly. It'd be wise to probably wash your rig afterwise. (Unless you're Vigh, you know that sexy truck's always clean LMAO)

Here's some post pictures:

Like I always say... Truckin' Ain't For Sissie's

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Also works great on:

Headlights/*Turn signals
3rd brake/Cargo
License plate light lens
*Note: My tail lights were already polished. After the procedure they had a dull finish.

Turn signals before:

Turn signals after:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is awesome. I have a ton of waterspots on my side windows and rear glass. Never really noticed on the windshield I think it's something about all of the tinted glass I just notice it. Will do this soon you just have helpful threads all over the place. Really nice work man what is your name again sir?

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
This is awesome. I have a ton of waterspots on my side windows and rear glass. Never really noticed on the windshield I think it's something about all of the tinted glass I just notice it. Will do this soon you just have helpful threads all over the place. Really nice work man what is your name again sir?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

-Daniel-

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Excellent write up! Another addition to the list of things I have to do.

...and you made it just under the wire for posting. Phew! Hate to see what would have happened!

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I use a real fine steel wool on my glass.. not mirrors but it works real good on glass for about anything.. then i hit all the glass with rainx. works real well

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any need to windex them afterwards? Or does the rustoleum remove the water spots + completely clean the window too? I'm guessing you don't since you didn't mention it.