WOW!!!!! BIG LOAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"This Hustler Powerboats inboard/outboard sports runabout has a fiberglass hull, is 40 feet long and 106 inches wide at the widest point. The boat weighs approximately 10500 pounds with an empty fuel tank and without any gear or passengers". . . . even the heavy half was only like 8500 GVW and thats half taken up by the truck alone.

Last edited:

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pfft All that money for a boat like that and the guy doesn't bother buying the right truck to pull it. Imagine that. I don't care what anyone says, that boat far exceeds the recommended towing capacity of a 1/2 ton truck.

Agreed. My buddy had a 38' Powerquest with twin BBC 525 EFI Mercruisers. On the trailer it weighed 14K lbs. He towed it with a 1 ton 3500 series Express van converted to 4WD by Quigley. The first van had a 496 BBC. The second one had a Duramax. He also had a GMT400 2wd Dually with a 5.7 TBI and a Vortec Supercharger. Towed the boat back from the Chesapeake Bay one time and blew a headgasket. That little 350 was thrashed pretty bad to maintain regular highway speeds. I ended up putting in a mildly built 454. He sold the boat shortly thereafter.

EDIT: that aint no $300-$400k boat either. Looks like an older model. The resale on those big boats is horrible. The above mentioned PowerQuest was about $245K new and he had a tough time getting $125k for it in absolutely perfect condition. Most people who have the $$ to buy a toy like that want a brand new one, not used. The rest of us can't afford to put fuel in it for a weekend (I remember the weekend after Hurricane Katrina it took about $600 to fill it and we had to fill it the next day again). That was when fuel was ONLY $3.00ish a gallon.

Last edited:

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed. My buddy had a 38' Powerquest with twin BBC 525 EFI Mercruisers. On the trailer it weighed 14K lbs. He towed it with a 1 ton 3500 series Express van converted to 4WD by Quigley. The first van had a 496 BBC. The second one had a Duramax. He also had a GMT400 2wd Dually with a 5.7 TBI and a Vortec Supercharger. Towed the boat back from the Chesapeake Bay one time and blew a headgasket. That little 350 was thrashed pretty bad to maintain regular highway speeds. I ended up putting in a mildly built 454. He sold the boat shortly thereafter.

EDIT: that aint no $300-$400k boat either. Looks like an older model. The resale on those big boats is horrible. The above mentioned PowerQuest was about $245K new and he had a tough time getting $125k for it in absolutely perfect condition. Most people who have the $$ to buy a toy like that want a brand new one, not used. The rest of us can't afford to put fuel in it for a weekend (I remember the weekend after Hurricane Katrina it took about $600 to fill it and we had to fill it the next day again). That was when fuel was ONLY $3.00ish a gallon.

PowerQuest and Hustler are not even close to the same boat. However as to the resale value
You are correct NOW.. But when he bought it new it was.... Boat is an 05 he bought it in summer 05

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PowerQuest and Hustler are not even close to the same boat. However as to the resale value
You are correct NOW.. But when he bought it new it was.... Boat is an 05 he bought it in summer 05

Not sure specifically what you are saying here. I wasn't comparing Hustler to PowerQuest. I simply stated it wasn't a $300-$400K boat. Maybe a $200k boat.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Thats a good size boat, would really suck if the trailer brakes failed.

on a side note we have a 97 1ton ford that just hauled 30k lbs. I Pictured my 1/2 ton under there.. it wouldnt have been good

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
The owner of a local bar in my area pulls a boat that big with a GMT900 Tahoe. It's odd too see roll down the road thats for sure.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Anybody notice how good shape the 400 is? we dont see nice pickups like that around here anymore... at all...