Would you buy used tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure if I can guarantee no abuse considering it's on craigslist but I'll have to inspect them. Thanks.

Will 305s clear with a 3" body lift without any modification to the fender? I dont have crank and block just 3" lift (almost done). Or should I stick with 275s

EDIT: I knows 33s will clear even stock but wondering if 305s are just too wide.

Last edited:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Should be able to. Your rims are pretty tucked in. Even if you had to crank 1/2 to 1" that isn't going to hurt a thing. It's as soon as you get over 2" crank that stuff goes wrong.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be able to. Your rims are pretty tucked in. Even if you had to crank 1/2 to 1" that isn't going to hurt a thing. It's as soon as you get over 2" crank that stuff goes wrong.

Yeah but i have 2wd so no crank... :(

I thought I posted but I guess it didn't go through. The dot code for 1 of the tires is end of 2011 and has 90% tread. The other 4 are around 60-70% tread and has a dot code of late 2009. So it's about 3.5 years old at the latest and the other one is like 1.5 years old. I guess that's not TOO bad considering the price of one of these brand new is the price I'm getting all 5 for. Just have to inspect it to see any cracks or anything I guess. If it fits with no rubbing and it has no damage I'll buy the.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do these look to you guys?

You must be registered for see images attach

That second tire in the stack doesnt look good. maybe its the angle or the camera but looks kind of distorted? but there's 1 "semi new" and the others are 3.5 years old or so. I think ill go check them out tomorrow but it's a bit of a drive and each tire weighs 60 lbs so it's something to prepare for early on.

I have 9 or 9.5" rims so i guess these will fit just fine.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those tires are getting up there in age, but aslong as the insides are good and the rest of the tire is good and free of any problems thats a good deal

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah 3.5 years is pretty old.
But as long as they dont have visible signs of dry rot or have been sitting super exposed i see no reason why not to buy them.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I would say those tires look like **** and the 3rd one up from bottom looks toasted, the newer one would be the spare. This is what I have learned. If the tires are stacked as they are in the photo, then chances are the bottom tires are distorted because of the weight on them . Anyone who sells used tires keeps them on a rack. This might cause you balancing problems if its bad. Check inside the tires for puncture repairs, if there is any, make sure it was repaired properly with a patch and plug from the inside, not just a plug. Most of these truck tires are coming off Ifs trucks and cupping of the tires is extremely common. Cupping is when the out side lugs of the tire ware out faster than the inside. But if your truck isn't lifted properly then you will get cupping no matter what because the upper control arms don't have enough adjustment room to compensate for the lift. That's why lift kits come with control arm drops so you can get it aligned properly. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway, this is just what I learned. And if your considering bfg's AT, then you might want to look at mud tires also because they last just a long.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X3 they got a good tread pattern but they dont last long at all

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2