Woo, no more 5.5" block.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well today I finally got around to installing my shackle flip.

Bought the off road design kit. Since i'm thinking SAS i didn't want to get rear springs yet so for now a 2" block is in there.

Couple pics my buddy took, poor truck could really use a frame cleaning and some paint.

Followed the advice and removed the hitch which made pulling the bolts easy. Worried they would be seized but nope they came apart without issue. Rivets were easy as well, cut a slice in them then zip gun pop the heads off allowing a punch to push them through.
You must be registered for see images

Before installing these i did clean the scale off the mating surfaces. Thought about making putting a little weld on them but after some thinking i decided i'd run it like this and if it comes lose at all i'll add some weld. Anyone ever have issues??

This is what salt does to our vehicles.. Real sad. Hopefully this year i can get some time and clean that up. u bolts are maybe 1.5 months old, about 120KM total on the road with them. They had lots of thread so installed and cut off the extra. Will retorque them in a couple days.

I was shocked how little time it took to do this. Everything went without issue which was amazing. Ended up about .5" higher than before I guess. Didn't do tape measure before starting.

Unfortunatly i don't have a full picture of the after so will get one once the daylight is back. I think i'll bring the tbars up a tad to level it out a little.

Had my buddy torque on it after, amazing how much less axle wrap there is with only the 2" block. I'd run 2" blocks bunch of years ago before the lift and didn't have much for issues so this should work for now. :)

Next on the list, transmission is starting to go i think, slow to engauge, sticks at times, some slippage here and there. Then SAS i hope.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Very much want to do this to my truck, with the 5.5" block and some snow axle wrap is pretty bad. Are you just running a straight 2" block or is it like a zero rate and drilled to move the axle back to center?
Was there enough room with the box on to work comfortably when getting the stock rivets out?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Very much want to do this to my truck, with the 5.5" block and some snow axle wrap is pretty bad. Are you just running a straight 2" block or is it like a zero rate and drilled to move the axle back to center?
Was there enough room with the box on to work comfortably when getting the stock rivets out?

I dont want to put words in his mouth, but the pics all have the bed on and he said it was quick so I would guess that he left the bed on

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always liked the idea of shackle flip over blocks.
Good to see it was pretty easy for ya.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want to do this on my truck

but i dont have any lift other than just a crank so it would be a lil to much lift for the back for now

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks real good, i will do this when i put my 14 sf under the rear (still have parts all over the floor)

so if ive got a 4 inch block back there, what shackle flip do i order

jokes welcome