Won't engage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I already asked this question but I don't think I was the clear, when I go to put it in 4 lo, it makes a grinding noise like its trying to catch and when I let out the clutch and start to move it pops into neutral. It doesn't do it though when I go to put it in 4 hi though. I'm assuming it's not getting into gear all the way which means my lineage my might be messed up right? What do you guys think?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The truck HAS to be in neutral and going less than 5MPH to shift into 4LO.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I can only shift into 4-low and back into 2wd while im moving. it took me forever to get it, but try driving 5-10 mph and into neutral and then as fast as you can push the lever up to 4-low. do the same thing but reverse the procedure to go back into 2wd. Clashing is very common though

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I can only shift into 4-low and back into 2wd while im moving. it took me forever to get it, but try driving 5-10 mph and into neutral and then as fast as you can push the lever up to 4-low. do the same thing but reverse the procedure to go back into 2wd. Clashing is very common though

I would absolutely not recommend doing this.. "Clashing" as you call it, is not supposed to occur and WILL cause damage!! At the very least it will be added stress/wear & tear on your transfer case, lowering it's expected life span!