Wiring Harness Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uwood

Reaction score
I am just starting my research for a LS Swap into a 1995. I want to keep all the factory gauges, and add a tach, but use the LS comp. Is there a company that is recommended to modify the stock LS harness with some plugs to match the TBI controller? I will hopefully be swapping to a 6L80E, and still undecided on with engine.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
No you need to graft both computers together if you want to keep the old PCM. Go to LT1SWAP.COM for the wiring diagrams for your swap. TONS of info there. Also you can search around on LS1TRUCK.COM for more info.

Lost06

Reaction score
I used a guy in Arkansas and he made my harness so that I didn't have to have 2 computers. However, it cost about $500. I sent him the harness from my 96 and the harness and computer from the L33 i bought. He sent it back 1 harness that used the L33 computer and connected to the factory gauges. Also, the computer was recalibrated for my tire height and VATS removed alittle timing adjustment and such. It really was --- plug and play for the most part.

Contact Nelson performance out of San Antonio, Texas. I wish I had used them first because they are a well established shop. The guy I used was working a regular 40+ hour a week job and doing my stuff in the evening and it took longer that I would ahve liked. And he didn't tell me about his job situatiuon unitl after he finished it, so i was calling and bugging and I feel he rushed the job and I didn't get as good of a quality job as I might have got if I left him alone.

http://www.nelsonperformance.com/