Wipers only work on high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyboy270

Reaction score
So when I put my plug into my pulse board I hear a buzzing sound and my wipers only move when on high and they don't turn off until I pull the plug please help urgent

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either replace the wiper motor circuit board with a new one from the parts house - notice I said just the circuit board, not the entire wiper motor. Very easy and inexpensive.

Or, more preferably, repair the one you already have, super easy and costs you nothing if you have access to a soldering iron and electronics (non-acid core) solder. The joints where the harness socket attaches to the circuit board get cracks in them over time. The most common one to fail is the closest to the edge of the board, and that's the ground.

Just heat those joints up and add a little fresh solder to get the puddle moving. Stick the board back in there and you'll be good to go for a very long time. And IMO the original board is better than any Chinese replacement you can buy at the parts store.

Richard

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced the pulse board instead of repairing like someotherguy mentioned. both are good options. the part is cheap, fixed all my wiper issues. I kept the original board to repair at some point because I agree that the original is of better quality than the part that i purchased. Although, i have 20,000+ miles on that new pulse board with no issues so far

Chevyboy270

Reaction score
Update sorry it's been I while I bought a pulse board and it did not fix the problem the wipers won't park if I turn it off high and if you put your hand on the pulse board cover when the wipers are off you can feel and hear a buzzing sound and my battery light is on when it happens and the only way to make the buzzing stop is pull the plug off anybody got an idea of what it can be

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Problem is still very likely to be a ground issue. Time to address all the grounds in your engine bay as there is likely a missing or damaged one.

Richard

Chevyboy270

Reaction score
I took a working board out of a friend's truck and it did the same so it's not the board I'm probably just going to have someone look at it

Chevyboy270

Reaction score
It's a 92 but it's a swap from a 5 speed to a auto the truck was originally a 4.3 truck so the steering column is not the original I haven't thought about the switch I might check that out thanks