Window regulator/motor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snyderman5

Reaction score
I know its cheaper to replace just the motor but its way easier to replace the whole assembly. Plus mostly all the wheels i have seen on the regulators have wear marks or grooves on them and should be replaced

Uriel562

Reaction score
Hello fellas, so I’m replacing my window motor on the driver side on a 89 obs. I got to the point where my next step is to take of the rivets but before I proceed this process I’m curious how you guys replaced the rivets when putting everything back together. An option that i know of is to use screws. I’m wondering if there’s another efficient way of doing this. Hope you guys can help me out. Thank you guys in advance

You must be registered for see images attach

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Hello fellas, so I’m replacing my window motor on the driver side on a 89 obs. I got to the point where my next step is to take of the rivets but before I proceed this process I’m curious how you guys replaced the rivets when putting everything back together. An option that i know of is to use screws. I’m wondering if there’s another efficient way of doing this. Hope you guys can help me out. Thank you guys in advance

The Dorman kit that I used had special bolts that would not interfere with the regulator. The other option is to use replacement rivets that are available from Auveco.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The correct rivets are called window regulator rivets and are available at parts stores. I have a separate rivet gun just for those and it has about 18" long handles as these rivets are hard to squeeze. You can probably borrow correct rivet gun from part store. The factory uses the rivets because they don't loosen up over the years,bolts tend to. I believe the holes are 1/4" not 5/16

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Local junk yard is infested with gmt400s I have replaced the whole inner skin regulator motor combo on a few trucks and I think it only runs 20 bucks for the whole assy.