Will welding the pipe mess with the computer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Should I disconnect pos, neg or both? I have no idea and i'm going to be doing this in the next 10min so i'm not sure.

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
take the negative off, usualy won;t damage anything but better safe than sorry

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Thanks man, that's what I did. Everything went smoothly and the truck still runs lol. It even sounds a bit more throaty. But it doesn't look as nice as I thought/wanted it too. I'll upload some pics in a bit.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
When welding, so long as you have a good ground clamped, the electrical path will go between nozzle and clamp. If it's a bad ground, it theoretically could throw spikes thru vehicle to frame where it would go into the car lift, but those are more static than anything. You probably cause more static buildup getting in/out of your vehicle than the welder would give with a semi-bad ground. But yeah, unhooking the negative won't hurt atall, but grounding between nozzle and engine(like on collector bolts) pretty much blocks all electricity from heading thru engine-to-frame ground connector.