Will my truck be good for off road or it is a bad idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fedeleon11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi, recently I am interested in going off road with my k1500, it is a 350 with automatic trans, it has 33" tires, and a 2" lift in the back and a 1" lift in the front, my idea is to ride with other trucks such as rangers and xj's, it will be capable? If yes I am thinking into a full exo cage to prevent damage and later to put on a winch too, what do you think? Good or bad idea, can't affort another truck right now, I just wanna have fun in some weekends
You must be registered for see images attach

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just do it, it's all about having fun. You will never know unless you try. I'm hoping it's not your primary vehicle.

Fedeleon11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do it, it's all about having fun. You will never know unless you try. I'm hoping it's not your primary vehicle.
Actually yes, I use it daily, but I don't want to go on super tight or super difficult places, get in the woods but not so Xtreme like crawling of something like that, in fact I use it off road like 2 times per week, sometimes in roads that are full of holes and turns and even with road tires never let me down

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually yes, I use it daily, but I don't want to go on super tight or super difficult places, get in the woods but not so Xtreme like crawling of something like that, in fact I use it off road like 2 times per week, sometimes in roads that are full of holes and turns and even with road tires never let me down

Just go for it. It's always good to have fun stories to tell while drinking beer over a fire.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a small fuel efficient vehicle just in case you get the urge to go wild on this truck.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
It's be fine, just avoid deep water and slamming it into thing's.

Use Low range, not throttle, it should be fine.

Fedeleon11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just go for it. It's always good to have fun stories to tell while drinking beer over a fire.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a small fuel efficient vehicle just in case you get the urge to go wild on this truck.
Maybe in 2 weeks I will get a small car to ride all week, I am only waiting for the owner to bring me the car because he lives in another city and he came every 2 weeks, so that will open the door to slowly transform the truck into something better

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I used to trail ride with mine a few times a year. Other than a caved in door, a few scratches and a bent mirror, it made it through everything I dared to go through. My 94 is just a stock 305, automatic, cranked in the front and I was running 255/70R16s on the stock wheels. Yours should be fine.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
These trucks are tough as hell man. Ive never broken anything. Ive caused things to prematurely wear out but its never left me stranded. Like jr said run 4low and let er rip tater chip! Just avoid big rocks!