Will It Fit????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The look yourheaded for is a body lift with more than likely full crank 2 inch block and 33-35s.

:word: That red truck is def body lifted and 35's.

Two options if you dont want to crank and want a lifted truck. One is body lift, if you are just looking to tun 33's go with a 2" body on small offset wheels and do some trimming. (This would be my recomendation for you.) Like said wasting your money on the 2-3" "suspension" lift are not an option.

Or save your pennies and get what you really want, a suspension lift but if you are worried about affording some balljoints then maybe stock is best. When cranked I was doing all 4 ball-joints on a 4 month period. Now with 6" suspension lift do them and wheel bearings yearly, Just buy the MOOG lifetime warrenty parts first time and your set. Also running 6" lift and 35's regearing is much recomended, if not consider a tranny in your future.

Scootin 89

Reaction score
:word: That red truck is def body lifted and 35's.

Two options if you dont want to crank and want a lifted truck. One is body lift, if you are just looking to tun 33's go with a 2" body on small offset wheels and do some trimming. (This would be my recomendation for you.) Like said wasting your money on the 2-3" "suspension" lift are not an option.

Or save your pennies and get what you really want, a suspension lift but if you are worried about affording some balljoints then maybe stock is best. When cranked I was doing all 4 ball-joints on a 4 month period. Now with 6" suspension lift do them and wheel bearings yearly, Just buy the MOOG lifetime warrenty parts first time and your set. Also running 6" lift and 35's regearing is much recomended, if not consider a tranny in your future.

I'm already replacing the trans because 3 and 4 are gone, only has 1, 2, and Reverse. That's the last time anybody else uses/drives my truck, even while I'm in the truck. Idiot, pulled a cattle trailer, loaded, in OD.

Scootin 89

Reaction score
With it being out of commission for the last 3 months, it has made me really depressed to the point of selling it or part and scrap it. I found a brand new trans for $600 and with my luck, by the time I get the money, they won't have it. Everything I want works out that way.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
dude thats the story of my life but at the same time all we are trying to say is that there is no point in getting something that isn't going to work for you. you wouldn't go to the store to get a six pack if you a 30 pack in the fridge. so why get a lift that won't do much good. if it is really what you want then get it, but i am sure that we all would rather see you get something that will work better than get something on a deal and have to do more work or not be happy at all.

Edit: just sayin, sorry if it came off rough.

Scootin 89

Reaction score
dude thats the story of my life but at the same time all we are trying to say is that there is no point in getting something that isn't going to work for you. you wouldn't go to the store to get a six pack if you a 30 pack in the fridge. so why get a lift that won't do much good. if it is really what you want then get it, but i am sure that we all would rather see you get something that will work better than get something on a deal and have to do more work or not be happy at all.

Edit: just sayin, sorry if it came off rough.

Screw it, I'm not gonna get the lift kit. It doesnt seem like the guy is interested in my trade anyway. I'm gonna do an SAS as soon as I have a job, and long enough to get a loan to do so.

Now to figure out a way to get about $600 for that new trans. it's gonna be $800 when I install it cause its getting an aftermarket cooler and a Temp. gauge kit. I may also have to get a new converter too.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Don't take a loan out to SAS :imo: I don't have snow to drive in but if your truck requires that much offroad capability than how do others in your area get around?

Scootin 89

Reaction score
The snow here isnt bad, just is this year so far, but I just want the truck to be capable of doing anything I can throw at it around here. Plus, even though I couldnt do my plan this winter, since the trans went out, it's a tow and recovery truck, hence the orange light. Plus, IMO, SAS is easier to lift.