Will it be enough backpressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am just gonna completely redo my exhaust. Im thinkin'
Hooker headers to 2 1/2inch collector pipe to new but slightly stock cats, x-pipe, and either super 10's or super 40's.

ALL 2 1/2 inch pipe. 'cept for the tips. Those will be either 3 1/2 or 4 inch.

I think that should be enough back pressure for a little bit cause I am getting it tuned and chipped soon.
I was just wondering if it would be enough back pressure. I dont wanna burn my valves.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That is more than enough back pressure. I wouldn't worry as long as you have more than open headers.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet! thanks guys. This is off topic but how much will it cost to clean the heads on a 5.7? vortec

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
I too have a possible back pressure question, i have a hooker headers and plan on doing 2.25 or 2.5 duals, no cat, then im not sure on muffler. glass pack or chambered. Enough back pressure with glass pack to not loss much torque you think?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The whole "not enough back pressure" thing is a complete myth. Every engine ever produced makes enough back pressure on it's own even without manifolds on it to be sufficient to itself.

When doing exhaust, there are only two things you should want. Flow, and scavenging.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditch the kittys unless they are necessary in your area for an inspection. Other than that your plan seems fine.

I also wouldn't waste the money on the x pipe. You have to put it to far away from the engine on a 4x4 for it to do any good.

:hidesbehindsofa:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I also wouldn't waste the money on the x pipe. You have to put it to far away from the engine on a 4x4 for it to do any good.

:hidesbehindsofa:

I see what you did there lol

Sent from my static android