why wont this fit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Doesn't have ANY rpo for the transfercase. If it had a Push button transfercases, the RPO NP1 would have came up, which this truck doesn't have. And from everything I have ever read, electronic cases came out in 96. The truck is definitely a 95 though.

Best thing you can do, is crawl under there and read the tag on the transfercase. See here : http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=8

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i looked at the tag but its unreadable... the truck was barely off the ground enough for me to crawl under it,, im going to go down on Wednesday,, the women told me they would have it either rolled over or braced off the ground more for me,,,

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of why a 95 wont work is because 95's are still obd1 which means the VSS wont work on an obd2 truck.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
But what about the reluctor ring? I know there's a difference between the two, I'm not saying it can't be made to work. Everyone told me I couldnt put a 94 trans in my 95, but I did.