Why does no one make lower control arms ?????!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This has always baffled me as well. That's why I found a set of forged arms and rebuilt those, my stock stamped arms are crusty as hell.

Which trucks had the forged arms? All interchangeable ?

Deeno11

Reaction score
Also wondering why nobody makes them. I just had my front end done and was irritated because I wanted to just replace them with the lower ball joints already installed. No luck. Added significant cost for my buddy to press out the old the sleeves and ball joints.

eddie327

Reaction score
i went through the same thing looking for replacement lower arms i just ended up replacing the stock rubber bushings, in the control arm.i had to carefully remove torsion bars.marked them were they were. before removing them.what a difference on my 89k1500 shortbed it was like i had lifted the truck a inch and added a second shock.i can not stress enough how this change to the worn out lower bushings made. 1 of the most significant noticeable changes i ever did on the truck.i highly recoamend if ur bushings are wore out.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine how good it would be to shitcan the rubber bushings and install Polyurethane instead.

And it's half the labor since there's no need to press out the shells.