Why does my truck hit so hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
My 1997 4x4 did that a lot, turned out I had play in my wheel bearings.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If more than 3 ribs on the boots on your CV axes are touching each other then you have too much torsion cranked into the truck. In my opinion, even 3 is pushing it.

And quality shocks play a big part too I used the shocks that RCX sent me with my lift for a bout a year. Then I upgraded to Bilstein 5100s and it was night and day improvement

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Could polyurethane body mounts do it? Ironically after I changed my mounts, my truck started doing the same thing. If I hit a hard pothole on one side of the truck, it's not a "death wobble," but a jiggle if you will. Maybe 3-4 cycles after the bump. No other suspension or steering was changed at the same time. I did notice today that my bed seems still in my side view mirror, but the cab is doing the moving.

Maybe I need to snug my mounts up?

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Could polyurethane body mounts do it? Ironically after I changed my mounts, my truck started doing the same thing. If I hit a hard pothole on one side of the truck, it's not a "death wobble," but a jiggle if you will. Maybe 3-4 cycles after the bump. No other suspension or steering was changed at the same time. I did notice today that my bed seems still in my side view mirror, but the cab is doing the moving.

Maybe I need to snug my mounts up?
Yup. I wouldn't doubt it. They're stiffer too so they should ride harder. I did mine but did a bunch of other stuff too so idk the exact change it caused.

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
How do you replace body mounts, do you have to lift the body from the frame?
Ya. But it ain't hard. Unbolt one side. Loosen the other but don't take them all the way out. Jack up the side that's unbolted. Replace bushings. Make sure to lube them up. Drop it and thread the bolts in. Repeat on the other side.

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk