Why does my truck hit so hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonmx75

Reaction score
There has to be something wrong when I'm on the hiway and hit a bump it will knock your teeth loose, and go into a wobble I have checked my pitman arm and idle arm and they are perfect, I do have urethane body mount bushings and a leveling kit but my keys are not even screwed up. Should I go back to rubber mounts? Are my keys in wrong ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a problem like this when I had really worn out tires and shocks. I would hit a bump, and the whole truck would shake. I looked all over my suspension and couldn't figure it out. I put in new shocks and tires that weren't worn super uneven, and the problem stopped. I'm not sure which was really causing it, but I won't complain about the results.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
You mention leveling kit and keys in the same post. So 4wd.
The stock keys on these trucks have enough adjustments to max out the suspension. With that said, adding keys to level is exactly like cranking, regardless what some keyboard warriors will tell you.
So to agree with @Biggershaft96, I’d guess it’s your torsion bars being over cranked.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
You don't have to remove them. Just turn them down to a position where your upper control arms have more room between them and the bump stops

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk