white97 2003 VW Jetta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the car on Wednesday as a daily driver. It was filthy when I bought it but cleaned up nice. It has the 2.0L and the 5 speed transmission. It had a small hit that knocked the fender back so now its rubbing. Gonna go to a body shop and get them to knock it out so the door will stop rubbing on the fender. Overall nice little car and the previous owner told me he got 29MPG with the car. This will work well for me because I will be going to College and driving from home to college everyday next fall. Here's the dirty pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

KenG

Reaction score
Nice, I rock a 01 VR6 as my second daily. Fun little car, can't keep front tires on it.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, I rock a 01 VR6 as my second daily. Fun little car, can't keep front tires on it.
Yeah its a pretty fun little car it looks way better clean but I never seemed to have taken a pic.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seeing it dirty makes me want to detail it so bad lol. Looks like you've got a solid car!
She's clean I just never remember to take photos so I went out an got some for proof

doug_95c1500

Reaction score
Wow, cleaned up nicely. I have a 03 Jetta GL wagon. Bought new. Make sure you keep up with the timing belt and water pump. If you keep them up the engine has a great record of reliability and longevity. Can't say the same for the front suspension. The rear control arm bushings of the front control arm seem to go out frequently. I am changing them to Audi TT bushings as the TTs are solid rubber and should last longer. If you put 17" tires on it and keep the suspension well sorted out, they do have a nice German car feel to them. Firm, but not hard.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, cleaned up nicely. I have a 03 Jetta GL wagon. Bought new. Make sure you keep up with the timing belt and water pump. If you keep them up the engine has a great record of reliability and longevity. Can't say the same for the front suspension. The rear control arm bushings of the front control arm seem to go out frequently. I am changing them to Audi TT bushings as the TTs are solid rubber and should last longer. If you put 17" tires on it and keep the suspension well sorted out, they do have a nice German car feel to them. Firm, but not hard.

I love the wagons their cool .Yeah it cleaned up pretty good the original owner had the timing belt and water pump done 35k miles ago. I would love to put 17's on it but will probably keep the 15's because the tires are so cheap. I will probably get the windows tinted after winter.

The picture is how I would have it looking if I could afford to put more money into upgrading it

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pic of how you want it to look is very clean looking.... here's my wife's daily. 16 GLI 6speed manual just after window tint. I had a 98 along time ago.... good cars.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pic of how you want it to look is very clean looking.... here's my wife's daily. 16 GLI 6speed manual just after window tint. I had a 98 along time ago.... good cars.
nice I wish mine was a GLI

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I miss my 98 sometimes. But then I just look at the gmt and I forget all about it lol.