Whirley Birds 94 c1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Just ordered my airride kit through ekstensive metal works out of Houston should be here in a couple weeks

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing 3.73 gears in the back. Anyone here suggest otherwise? Also, does anyone know if it would be cheaper/easier to just put a Tahoe rear end or if I can just rebuild the diff?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing 3.73 gears in the back. Anyone here suggest otherwise? Also, does anyone know if it would be cheaper/easier to just put a Tahoe rear end or if I can just rebuild the diff?
There is a 3 inch width difference between 2wd and 4wd. Honestly just rebuild what you have with an Eaton or Auburn posi. With heavier wheels I would seriously consider 4.10 gears.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
I considered 4.10 but I’m ballin on a budget so I’m chasing fuel mileage over torque haha

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I considered 4.10 but I’m ballin on a budget so I’m chasing fuel mileage over torque haha
With heavy wheels like 20's, the mechanical advantage of 410 vs. 373 will help you actually get better mileage. The RPM drop is minimal at highway speeds. It is easier to get it moving requiring less fuel.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks for the info, definitelay give it a second thought

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for a little help. Trying to find/shop around for turbo kits but the only one I’ve found for OBS LS swaps is through lsxeverything.com anyone have any suggestions of where I can find others?

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Got the bed off this weekend, got my stage one turbo cam in from tick performance, sending off the engine on Wednesday to get decked and to get cam bearings and freeze plugs installed. Airride should be in within the next week! Any know if the nnbs intake is good for a turbo set up? Haven’t been able to find any info. Thanks in advance everyone

red94chev

Reaction score
I have 20x10s on the back with 295/45-20s and the fender lips cut out. I wouldn't be comfortable stuffing any more tire in the stock tubs.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Thanks for the info red. Got my air kit in last night, truck is completely torn apart, the only thing attached to the frame is the rear axle. Gonna start welding the kit on today. Will add pictures a little later