Whirley Birds 94 c1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
whats up everyone. a couple weeks ago i made 2 purchases. the first was a 5.3 out of an 01 silverado for $600 with no damage. the second was a 94 rcsb for $850. put those 2 together and you got an LS swap going on a bagged build :D I've got the engine completely torn down and about to do some elbow deep cleaning followed by a little bit of honing and then dropped off to be decked. while all that is happening i will be ordering all the parts to bag out the truck, wanting to lay frame on 22's. if anyone has any advice or tips for this 1st time builder, please let me know. thank you everyone in advance for your time. a few pictures soon to come as soon as i figure out how to add them haha
You must be registered for see images attach

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why did you tear down the engine if it was in perfect working order? Sounds like an exciting build. Just don't get too many separate projects started at the same time or you'll get overwhelmed. Get it bagged and on the road then work on the engine swap or vice versa. I'll be following along.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
@90halfton youre not lying man, when I went to go look at it I was geeked out of my mind to find out there wasn’t any rust or major body damage. I definitely got lucky

@black90sport I tore it down for a couple reasons. 1. This truck is going to be my daily driver and I want to get 10 years out of the motor which meant replacing all gaskets and seals anyways but reason 2 is that I’m going to use a forced induction via a turbo. So I’m going to change the heads, the cam, the bearings, lifters, rods, injectors, intake, etc

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck. Will be following. Go ahead and consider a fuel cell and trans crossmeber changenif your wanting to lay 22s can be done with stock tank and crossmeber but lots easier the other way.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice laidbackbigun, I was thinking about putting a 20 gal cell behind the rear end. I think I may have changed my mind about the 22’s and instead go with some 20x11 wheels with a 20x60x315 tire. Anyone happen to know the formula for me to know what kind of offset I’ll need?

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're wanting to go fast, burn tires, and other fun stuff, I'd swap to a larger gear in the back. I'm assuming you're factory equipped with 3.08 paperweights. Especially if you're planning bigger wheels and tires.