Which is more "hotrod"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The real question is what are you going to do with the truck. A daily driver, hell just put an LSA in it and be done. But then you have the issue of originality. There are some fast small blocks out there. A big block is not far off base, because the SS trucks had a 454. So the real question is, how original do you want to keep the truck. The value of our trucks is going up, day by day. Also an old school engine will be cheaper to do. In the end, its all about what makes you happiest.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Resell isn't something i am concerned with as this truck will probably be given to my daughter when she gets old enough. It's a quasi daily driver but more of a fun truck. Big blocks sounds like so much fun but then again a lsx with a lumpy cam is immediately a hardon. damn it the choices.

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
A big block would obviously be more "old school" but either one would be awesome. And for whatever it's worth, I don't think you can beat the sound of a big block with a good exhaust :cool:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I say bigblock, but I say you better build it up enough to have more than just a loud bark. A well thought out and matched BBC combo can easily produce 600+ horses. The late model motor swaps are cool and everything, but that's what everyone is doing. I generally tend to want to NOT do what everyone else is doing.

phat69

Reaction score
fuel injected BBC on E85 and 12:1 or so if possible in your area.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not worried about emissions, its old enough i only have to do a visual, and i gots a guy for that. ha. e85 is kinda hard to find in the area though. elevation for 12:1 i don't think would be a issue either.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or nothing says hot rod like a blower. A low compression cheap junk yard small block with a supercharger will make that sweet blower whine and look good with the hood open. The tighter the blower belt the sweeter it whines.