Where to get solid 1.5" rear blocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dharmabum

Reaction score
Just picked up a 98 Suburban K1500 and after fixing some little issues with it to make it a reliable winter driver I am planning on lifting it slightly and adding some 285/75 16s. I have been looking at rear blocks and would prefer to get a solid rear block as opposed to the cast ones or hollow tubing ones. Does anyone make a solid or at least decent quality 1.5" or maybe 2" rear block. If not do the cast iron ones hold up ok? I have had cast blocks in the past that cracked in half. My plan is a small 1.5" or 2" block in the rear and crank the front 1"-1.5" to level with a slight rake, it currently sits level. Anyone got pics of a similar setup?

Dharmabum

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I will need new u bolts, mine definitely aren't long enough for blocks. I found a Tuff Country 1.5" block and u bolts for a good price but I'm not sure what the block is made of but it looks beefy enough. I heard the Rough Country 2" blocks are good but the 1.5" ones are plastic?!?!?!