Where can I get air dam for 95 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay Krajniak

Reaction score
I was out and about the other day and saw a suburban with a lower air dam on the front bumper. Looked like the same bumper and was wondering if the 95 silverado had an air dam ever on them. Ive seen many 95+ silverados and don't recall seeing one on any of them.
I used the search function and couldn't find anything, if there is a link pertaining to this already I'm sorry and could you point me in the right direction.

THANKS Y'ALL

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you might be talking about the diesel bumper.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or just the plastic piece on the bottom?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I was out and about the other day and saw a suburban with a lower air dam on the front bumper. Looked like the same bumper and was wondering if the 95 silverado had an air dam ever on them. Ive seen many 95+ silverados and don't recall seeing one on any of them.
I used the search function and couldn't find anything, if there is a link pertaining to this already I'm sorry and could you point me in the right direction.

THANKS Y'ALL

Are you speaking of the black plastic piece on the bottom of the bumper?
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
If you are talking about the air dam, do you mean the lower valence? If yes, check the salvage yard, plenty of GMT400s there with lower valences. If not, it could've been a custom lower air dam on the Suburban? Some conversion companies made weird body kits for these trucks with cladding or fiberglass running boards/skirts, and they also could've had a custom air dam/valence to fancy/spice up a lower-but not quite base-model truck.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My local parts store sold me the lower plastic air dam for 20 bucks. Any place that deals in collision parts can get you any piece for these trucks

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My local parts store sold me the lower plastic air dam for 20 bucks. Any place that deals in collision parts can get you any piece for these trucks

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

A lot of the aftermarket ones are ok...but definitely use a different plastic..not as flexible or durable. Long term it may be an issue for some.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Totally agree with @Z71Hobbs about quality in aftermarket ones. I usually try to look for OEM/factory stuff if possible.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup on the quality. My '97's is factory.
Nothing wrong with it but I installed an aftermarket with the holes so I could run the factory fogs.
It lasted a couple of years.
Now the factory one is back on. 21 years old & it still has nothing wrong with it.
Got the truck stuck in a mud field (Buddy's back yard. Looked like grass! Really! It did!) Hooked a chain to the frame & he pulled it out with his tractor.
That original valance was squished & smashed & flattened right up tight against the bumper when it was being yanked out. I thought that I would be buying a new one.
Unhooked & it popped right back to shape. All three of us stood there looking at it going "Wow! Holy ****! Would ya look at that!"
The aftermarket ones seem to be less flexible. More brittle.

Jay Krajniak

Reaction score
crap sorry guys been out of touch a while ya im talking about the black piece on bottom the valence lol thanks for the feedback guys!