Wheel spacing info for lowered trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael D

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it won't work. And yes, it would look funny. You'd have to mini-tub for that big of a tire. If memory serves me correctly, there's roughly 14" from inside sheet metal to a rolled fender lip.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Can somebody explain what is frontspacing and backspacing? I'm new to these terms, have no idea what they mean. Thanks.

onelozu

Reaction score
Not sure if its been covered before or not but I'm looking at a set of 22x9s and I'm wondering if they'll tuck,this thread says it needs to be +19mm or higher and the ones I'm looking at are +15mm will those 4 mm make that much of a difference when trying to tuck?

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I know this thread is for lowered and tucking the rims but I'm gonna ask here anyway . Stock suspension or maybe with a 2/4 drop could I run my 17x9 with 4.5 bs on that set up with maybe a 275/60/17 without rubbing the fenders in the front ? I have a 2wd 97 ECSB silverado .

Last edited:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
In theory the tire should be about 30 inches high and your fender should be around 31ish I think it should clear

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In theory the tire should be about 30 inches high and your fender should be around 31ish I think it should clear

I'm more worried about the back space and tire hitting the fender than the diameter. I'm lifted now and sometimes I hit the fender in a bump while turning hard.

ShanMan

Reaction score
I thought I found some wheels and tires 20X8.5, 5.5" bs, with 245/40-20 front, 20X9.5, 6" bs, with 275/40-20 rear. I placed the order then they called and said they are out the fronts with a 5.5" or even a 5.25" bs. Is a 6" bs too much on an 8.25? I have been searching months for wheel, back spacing and tire options.
94 RCSB, 5, 7 drop. I have done tons of measuring and for the most part figured out what will work. The list of offsets at beginning of thread seems off from what I came up with. I used a huge piece of paper and a plumb bob to measure fender lips, rotor locations, leaf springs etc.

This is the look I am after.
You must be registered for see images attach

I figured it out!

Last edited:

itchy

Reaction score
What brand, size and backspace did you end up with ShanMan?