Wheel Spacer Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
I'm running some offset wheels on my 96 K1500, as I'm sure y'all know the front sticks out significantly more than the rear. I'm looking to get 2 spacers to put on the rear axle to get the rear wheels to the same stance.

I've heard cheap wheel spacers tend to break. Do y'all have any good brands to recommend? I haven't measured yet but I don't think I'll need more than maybe an inch at the most.

Also am thinking of some flexy-flares from LMC.

Here are some pics of the truck as a bonus:

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
EZaccessory.com has some pretty good quality billet spacers. The horror stories about how awful spacers can be are mostly from the old days when you could buy cast aluminum bolt-on spacers. There were some really awful ones that were for applications like sticking 5x4.75 Chevy wheels on a Volkswagen Beetle, **** like that. For quite a while now most spacers are way above those in terms of safety/quality. The trick is torquing them down properly and then re-torquing a couple times once you put some miles on, so you're sure they don't come off. It may not hurt to think about using thread locker on the axle studs, though keep in mind you affect the torque reading with any kind of extra material on the threads.

Richard

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been running Rough Country spacers for 3 years now with no issues.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Get your front wheels as straight as possible and run a tape measure across front and back to see the track width. Then you'll know how much spacer you need. Don't go crazy with them though...spacing the centerline of a wheel way out past the hub can put extra strain on the wheel bearing.

Also, having the rear track narrower than the front generally helps with handling - prevents oversteer, which if you boil it down to really simple terms just means too-sensitive steering.

Richard

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Bora spacers on the rear of mine in between the duals. Hub and wheel centric, 10.9 hardware, coated for corrosion resistance. Beautiful pieces. Cost me around three hundred to get them to my door. I wasnt going to entertain buying cheap spacers and had heard good things about these so I bought them up

Edit : I got 2" spacers for my '98 and asked them to put 9/16 hardware in to match the front and rear axle I swapped in

Treble

Reaction score
I ordered ECCPP spacer off the Amazon. They will be here today. I believe them to be lug centric. I'm sure I ran lug centric spacers on my 03 Explorer sport for years without any problems. This may be why these spacers cover a multitude of GM vehicles? Here's a link to the spacers I ordered, they give a good description of the product and how to install them. Once I get the spacers installed I will bump my stance thread back to the top with images. My sixteen has Bora installed on the rear.

OP sweet rig .... will look even better once you get spaces installed

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01E...-----0&dpPl=1&dpID=51zCAVX7NPL&ref=plSrch#top

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered a set from EZaccessory this weekend. Should be here in time for my tire mounting, balancing and alignment. Thanks for the suggestion!

Im running some EZaccessory adapters on my other truck that i got off amazon.
I think ive put over 80k miles on them with no issue.
Last time i did front wheel bearings i stripped some of the allen heads and had to drill them out. So i bought a bunch of extra flat head bolts for the next time.