wheel options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superj

Reaction score
on my 94, I have some crappy aftermarket aluminum wheels in 15". I am not a fan of funky aftermarket rims so I was craigslisting for some cheap stock replacements. well, as you all probably know, chevy 5 lug wheels, or any 5x5 wheels, are getting hard to find for a good price if you don't want to buy brand new so I started googling what other vehicles run a 5x5 pattern that would be usable on our trucks.

turns out the new jeeps, but specifically the new wranglers, run the same pattern and might be close enough to the proper off set and back spacing for us to use.

jeep guys throw out some nice wheels just because they are stock. I mean 17 and 18", and probably up to 20" on the grand Cherokee. the center cap looks like it could easily be changed to a flat unbranded one so we could have a cheap alternative for inexpensive replacement wheels. some jeep guys go through aftermarket rims faster than tires too so there is a ton of aftermarket wheels on craigslist also for only a few hundred bucks in the large sizes available now.

anyways, just an fyi in case people are like me and just want something inexpensive. the 17" wrangler 5 star wheels from the higher end models are selling for 125 to 300 for all five, usually with low mileage stock tires here in south texas.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you check car-part.com for stock GM wheels? They have a pretty comprehensive database of junkyard inventories nation-wide. I pieced together a set of stock 6-lug aluminum sawblades in my area for around $40-50 per wheel. 15" 5x5 stuff was even cheaper when I was looking.

superj

Reaction score
no, I didn't check anything like that. how do they get the wheels from the other places to you? they ship them and you pay the shipping? or they ship from one junkyard to the other and you go pick up? I have honestly never even looked at any site like that so I didn't even think of something like that.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
no, I didn't check anything like that. how do they get the wheels from the other places to you? they ship them and you pay the shipping? or they ship from one junkyard to the other and you go pick up? I have honestly never even looked at any site like that so I didn't even think of something like that.
You would have to call the junkyard and ask them if they ship parts, some do some don't. Normally they would ship the part from the JY it is located at.

You could also look at 5x127 bolt pattern wheels, as that would offer more variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Most don't ship unfortunately, it's just a good resource for finding stuff within driving distance that you could go pick up.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would have to call the junkyard and ask them if they ship parts, some do some don't. Normally they would ship the part from the JY it is located at.

You could also look at 5x127 bolt pattern wheels, as that would offer more variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I will bite, what is a 5x127 wheel and what does it fit?

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK , thanks... Leave it to the metric guys... Will we ever change?... Not in our life time... Not all the way I guess slowly but surely. It made it hard on us mechanic's. We had to buy a whole set of new tools. That cost some $$$, but at least it was a tax deduction. lol ouch.