wheel adapters on OBS trucks with NBS rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sagacious715

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of their 8 lug OBS truck with NBS wheels using (1.5" thick) wheel adapters?? I'm trying to get an idea how much the wheels will stick out or not.

Last edited:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I ran 1.5 adapters, with these wheels the rears sit right at the fender line the front barely stuck out a little. Turned like stock wheels with 35s, never scrubbed. If you use them be sure to use a torque wrench and locktite the adapter lugs.

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I ran 1.5 adapters, with these wheels the rears sit right at the fender line the front barely stuck out a little. Turned like stock wheels with 35s, never scrubbed. If you use them be sure to use a torque wrench and locktite the adapter lugs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Perfect stance, what brand did you go with for the adapters? I've been looking for spacers for my truck; and I've only found a few producers of towing rated spacers.
Fred's spacers or whatever the name is seems to be about the best I've found, I believe a couple of members are running some on their duallies but I can't remember who,

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Perfect stance, what brand did you go with for the adapters? I've been looking for spacers for my truck; and I've only found a few producers of towing rated spacers.
Fred's spacers or whatever the name is seems to be about the best I've found, I believe a couple of members are running some on their duallies but I can't remember who,

Yea i see tons of guys running the 8 to 10 lug adapters for alcoas on their dually and tow fine. I got some off brand, but they used high grade billet aluminum and grade ten studs so i figured they were good i don't haul much anyways. Ive Never heard of Fred's spacers before?If you really wanted to be sure i would get a nice hub centric set from uswheeladapters.com, even though I've never had an issue with lug centric. I just traded my wheels off for some 8x6.5 12 wides so i don't worry about it anymore haha.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Yea i see tons of guys running the 8 to 10 lug adapters for alcoas on their dually and tow fine. I got some off brand, but they used high grade billet aluminum and grade ten studs so i figured they were good i don't haul much anyways. Ive Never heard of Fred's spacers before?If you really wanted to be sure i would get a nice hub centric set from uswheeladapters.com, even though I've never had an issue with lug centric. I just traded my wheels off for some 8x6.5 12 wides so i don't worry about it anymore haha.

Here's the name, I think it was 88GMCTruck that said he used these spacers; I don't know where I got Fred from :shrug:
http://www.wheeladapter.com/

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have freds. I'm quite happy with them.