Whats Your Favorite Towing Add-On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a temp gauge, but the truck came stock with a sensor so if you have an app or apparatus that reads off of the OBDII port you could monitor it that way. After watching it in the blue truck I don't know how concerned I am with the dually. Basically if the converter is locked, fluid is fine. It only heats up in stop and go hot as balls weather. I have seen it rise up some long climbs, but I'm talking 10+ minutes of digging in 2nd gear, foot floored or close to it.

My little old Jeep is a 1991 with OBD1. I've added a port to the tranny cooler lines to add in a sensor for when I can afford a temp gauge, andit'll be getting installed in the spring. (Just an open driveway here, and -12C before windchill.)

:)

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My little old Jeep is a 1991 with OBD1. I've added a port to the tranny cooler lines to add in a sensor for when I can afford a temp gauge, andit'll be getting installed in the spring. (Just an open driveway here, and -12C before windchill.)

:)
I feel you on that one I still have to yank an engine some time during this winter.
My favorite upgrade was adding an air compressor. Having on board air can work wonders for you. I Used it a lot over the summer buying and selling trailers. I however removed it after I bought a brand new 60"x24" in bed tool box. More storage is always a plus too because you can bring more tools. The bigger the trans cooler the better with 700r4 or 4l60s I don't have enough experience with 4l80 or TH400 to say much.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ace37

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a k2500 burb with the 5.7 vortec. Currently has class v hitch and ball as well as trailer brake. Trying to start using it as a tow rig for single car trailers and a medium sized box trailer. Towed weight should never go over 7k, what else should I have?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have a k2500 burb with the 5.7 vortec. Currently has class v hitch and ball as well as trailer brake. Trying to start using it as a tow rig for single car trailers and a medium sized box trailer. Towed weight should never go over 7k, what else should I have?
You're probably fine as is. But bags and an upgraded trans cooler never hurt.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Ace37

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably fine as is. But bags and an upgraded trans cooler never hurt.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks I’m gonna look into some bags and an OBD2 reader for my temps to show on my phone.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Would the bags for the k2500 pickup work?

Just a guess but I don't see why not. Airlift bags bolt to the frame in place of the bump stops so just order the bags for an axle of the same diameter and you should be good.