whats the best way to fix up a few paintless spots?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a few spots on my truck where the paint has chipped off, mostly on the sides of the box, whats the best way to clean them up and paint them so that they dont start rusting bad? they are just oxidized at the moment with a few small rust dots, the exposed metal areas are about the size of a nickel, 1 or 2 are size of quarters

thanks

hamie9er

Reaction score
I had a bunch of spots like that on my 95 4x4 behind the rear tires on the box, all I did was dab some por-15 on the bare metal spots, being its a black truck you couldn't really notice it. That was probably 3 years ago, I've since added some new paint chips to the collection but the old ones I originally touched up never rusted through. So I would just get some sort of rust paint or rust inhibitor and slap it on then maybe touch up with whatever color paint your truck is.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think a wire brush on a grinder would clean that up real, think I'm gonna try it on my tail gate first see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk