What's involved in lsx swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At this point I don't think so. I'm probably going to remove it entirely this summer.

I know a lot more about the wiring setup now than I did when I first dug into it.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
At this point I don't think so. I'm probably going to remove it entirely this summer.

I know a lot more about the wiring setup now than I did when I first dug into it.

so how much of thewiring clean up was due to the wipple that was on it?

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing I had to do for the whipple was put a dash switch on the electric blow off valve. Everything else is normal.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All i did was snip off all the wires that i wasn't going to be using from the old harness and the new harness is pretty much standalone except for maybe 8 splices. (tach/speedo/brake switch/ses light/12v)

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the air bags run off the harness at all? I know you have the ABS turned off. What about stuff like the wipers and head lights are they their own harness or part of the main one?

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the air bags run off the harness at all? I know you have the ABS turned off. What about stuff like the wipers and head lights are they their own harness or part of the main one?

Airbags...no. ABS can operate via original computer, or new computer. ABS controller just needs to have a single wire VSS input from the/a computer. Wipers, headlights are truck wiring systems & are not engine computer related.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need your AC wiring, oil pressure, water temp, ALT.

the "factory ecm" does nothing motor wise.
if your going to do it on your own, get a complete pull out motor imo. i didnt an i spent more money chasing parts vs buying a pull out.
its pretty simple, read my thread its got a lot of pics an small write ups about what i did an why i did it.
mine is a 94 chevy with a 2008 5.3 an 2006 4L60E