What's involved in lsx swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is involved into swapping a gen III engine into an obdII truck? Is it just a simple swap and re-pinning the wiring harness to work with the newer ecm, or is there more custom wiring involved? I'm just confused because I see all these badass swaps and they seem pretty straight forward. Sorry if this is a dumb noob question I should already know.:uhoh2:

Thanks,
Will

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check with mike, he has done the lsx swap and he should know quite a bit about the questions you are asking.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Im just guessing at this point, but you will probably need the engine, trans, computer, and harness... The fun would come in wiring the cab into the new harness, the cooling lines, thats what I can think of off the top of my head.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cover almost everything in my thread, let me know if you need any more specific help.

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I just read through you're thread real quick. I still don't understand why you used both ecms. Wouldn't using the 6.0's ecm be like a 0411 swap?

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The original ECM could be removed, it was just easier for me to leave it as it was.