what tire size under 3" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your truck came stock with 16 inch wheels i dont believe you can go down to a 15 inch wheel. mine is a 98 and it wont work that way. the rotors and calipers prevent a 15 from being put on the front. so before you order wheels be sure to check that out

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe so but some obs guys do have 15 inch wheels, so you can't say NO any 88-98 truck cannot use a 15 inch because I've seen it, but depending on backspace and such some can't. My 99 looks like is I had a 15 with the same BS it would not work because of the lower BJ nut, but if it did not have that much BS it would clear. I know guys have put 15's on obs trucks but I guess some can some can't.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea its weird most say you can but a few say no.

clutch1819, you might have the bigger brakes, the f44 package

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
If your truck came stock with 16 inch wheels i dont believe you can go down to a 15 inch wheel. mine is a 98 and it wont work that way. the rotors and calipers prevent a 15 from being put on the front. so before you order wheels be sure to check that out

Have you tried or is this conclusion by just eye balling it?

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have stock 16 inch wheels and theres like between a 1/4 inch but less than 1/2 inch between wheel and brake calipers. i cant wedge my pinky finger in between then so. as far as an f44 package, i have no clue what that is. 15's wont go over the brake calipers on my truck

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have heard some ppl have this problem and some have ground down the backside of the caliper to make em fit.