what tire size under 3" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
What you hear is from guys with incorrect backspacing
35s :deal:
You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What you hear is from guys with incorrect backspacing
35s :deal:
You must be registered for see images attach

aint that the truth. You can take the exact same truck, slap on a 35 inch tire on a stock BS wheel, but yet the same truck on an aftermarket wheel might not clear a 33. If the wheels stick out more, which is less BS it's gonna have more chance to rub. if you keep the tall tires tucked with close to stock BS you can clear bigger/taller tires, this runs you into frame rub at wheel lock or close, only due to the added width of the tire, narrow wheels help this, less backspace keeps you away from the frame, but puts you closer to rubbing.

It's a hairy kinda deal, you want tall, but if you want wide, you might have to give up height. if you get em out to clear the frame at full lock, you might need shorter, if you put em in more with more BS you can run taller but might have to go narrow. So it's a toss up. If you do 10's you're gonna need a shorter tire due to less BS, if you custom order some, with more BS, you might stay with a taller tire, but them being wide, the tire is still gonna be out there with the end of the wheel.

I say 33's on 10's and 3 inch is good, but 33's unless you get like a 13 or wider, 10 inch is almost overkill, but it works and it's just my opinion like that on running a 12.50 or something.

35's on stockers maybe 7's or even 8's, but 8's would be pushing it, mainly same thing, they get pushed out, not many aftermarket wheels period have 4.5 or more BS. I think stock BS is like 5-5.5. You can find some 4.5 or 4.25 BS aftermarkets I know.

But it's all in the wheels and their width and backspace, as mentioned some guys clear 35's on stockers, crank or maybe not?

Other's can barely clear 33's on a body lift and crank, mostly due to wide wheels and small BS. sagging bars could come into play as well, but mostly it's the wheels.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya, I do too, but here you gotta cover em up, if they stick out they gotta be covered by flares. IMO I like em out some, but like a 12 or 14/15 inch wheels with like 3 inches bs or something nah don't like it, sticks out tooo much. But that's only my opinion. I like one to hang out a couple inches. Not to mention I like the flat side kinda square tire look too of say a 35 on a 10 inch wheel. I like em to look very wide, like the fat look for sure. I want it to look like a 15 inch wide tread when it's only 12.50 or so. I hate when the tread isn't as wide as the rim though, the sidewall comes up and the tire just looks funny on top.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea wv and va suck. at least in va we dont have that mud flap/flare law but our bumper heights are 29/30. WV is 31/31 i think.

i looked up california, they require mudflaps/flares....I know those gmfs guys dont run those :lol:

liftlaws.com

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
For a good laugh read Florida's...

http://liftlaws.com/florida_lift_laws.htm

The only things they'll get you on really are if it's wider than the road (102"), taller than 13' 6", and your headlights if they are ridiculously high (taller than head height) other than that the only equipment violations you'll hear of are usually tint and occasionally sound violation.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep in wv they want the tires covered up even if they stick out an inch or so. They are ok with it, unless it's like 2-3 inches then you are pushing it, I see cars and trucks have them alot sticking out an inch or 2 maybe, as far as mudflaps they are ok here about them, just want you to have flares and mostly only when you lift it and have to get a modified sticker, they are ***** then.

Yea we got bumper height or bottom of frame whichever is lower max height 31 inches. On mine the frame hangs below the bumper about an inch. A 3 inch body lift would let em hang down below it about 4 inches. I got alot of room to lift though, in front anyways mines like 17 inches or so off the ground in the front frame horns.