What headers do you run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hartwell

Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘93 sle and am searching around for some headers and was wondering if any of y’all are still running the stock ones or what.
Thanks

Here’s my exterior progress so far

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran some OBX stainless shortys on my old 93 z71. They were nice. Thick flanges, bolted to the stock y pipe perfectly

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

BDBerry

Reaction score
I have JBA stainless shorty headers, high flow Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow stainless muffler to custom 4” stainless tips behind the rear wheels. Sounds great looks good, lots of compliments.

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What full length headers that have 1.75 inch primary tubes will work on a small block in a 2wd? I have the square exhaust ports. I found some on ebay from Hooker or Heddman but the application said it wont work on my 89.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just run the summit or jegs shortys(can not remember which ones I ordered). Both my factory manifolds where cracked and the headers where cheaper then replacing the stock manifolds. I sand blasted that factory crappy coating off and sprayed them with "vht header paint" and did the oven bake heat process. They haven't faded or peeled yet either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've used grill paint on headers with good results as well. My 1500 has Hooker thermal coated long tube headers. Shorties are good if you dump the undersized head pipes along with.