What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tape measure said the flipper dually might fit in my trailer. Fit like 10# of **** in a 5# bag.

You must be registered for see images attach

Both fenders had maybe 1/4" of clearance and you can see how close the headache rack was. So in the future I know I can winch in a dead GMT400 dually, but the jury's out on any other body style. Lifted trucks are out too. This one has 235/85/16 tires so that raises it a bit, but the bed is full of **** so that helps.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tape measure said the flipper dually might fit in my trailer. Fit like 10# of **** in a 5# bag.

Both fenders had maybe 1/4" of clearance and you can see how close the headache rack was. So in the future I know I can winch in a dead GMT400 dually, but the jury's out on any other body style. Lifted trucks are out too. This one has 235/85/16 tires so that raises it a bit, but the bed is full of **** so that helps.

8.5x24?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hauled a washer, dryer, fridge, some crab pots and some custom Adirondack chairs on my lil 5x8 to moms new house then loaded that into my empty 8.5x20 and brought them home. Noticed when the big trailer is empty, wind is not my friend.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, 8.5x24. 25 if you count the nose cone. Just enough for a 21 foot truck! With a car inside these things stay planted better than a camper would in the wind. If you're not using WD yet you'll find that will eliminate most of the sway right off the bat.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully nobody saw you with those vans hooked up out back. I posted this in my build thread, but seems fitting to have here too.

Front end moved with the back end, figured it'd want to pop a wheelie but it was very composed. I did cheat though with a bigger WD hitch to put as much weight back on the front as possible. Seems to drive better with trailer than without.

Holy crow thats a big truck box camper. Do you have an extended hitch on the truck? Did you pull the dually in the enclosed with the camper on? :eek:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Holy crow thats a big truck box camper. Do you have an extended hitch on the truck? Did you pull the dually in the enclosed with the camper on? :eek:

42" Torklift hitch extension with WD. Towed the Camaro nicely, would have died pulling the dually behind the camper.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Pulled my first "heavy" load today since the LS swap! Right around 9000 lbs. Tractor, bush hog, tiller, plus the wieght of the trailer. Pulled like a beast! Maintained speed well on hills and had no problem staying at 55. Wanted to go faster!
(That's my middle son!)

Edit: didn't realize my oldest son was in it too! His orange shirt blended in! lol!

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No pics for me today but hauled my green trailer to the dump, weighed in at 12k in an 9k out. Hauled another load of logs before getting asked to move my buddy's van again so I've hauled 3 different loads today ha.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled my first "heavy" load today since the LS swap! Right around 9000 lbs. Tractor, bush hog, tiller, plus the wieght of the trailer. Pulled like a beast! Maintained speed well on hills and had no problem staying at 55. Wanted to go faster!
(That's my middle son!)

What motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk