What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello yall. Dragged home a project. More like a parts truck/body donor.

The truck smacked something firm. Frame bent. Steering box cracked. Water pump is tight to spin with the hand. Runs great though. Didn't pay much for it. Has 4 new 285 Duratracs and a new unmatched spare. Has bags. Under 200k km. Has a bunch of welding rods and other tools still in the toolboxes. Has an IFS lift that I can sell. No rust on the body. I want to put this cab on my 3500HD frame eventually, and 4x4 convert it.

Oh yeah it sucked to tow. If I had to take any highways I would have been moving the spare tire, vise etc to the tongue of the trailer. Has a slip tank that was behind the trailer axles too.The deck even has 6 big weights on it that total over 100lbs..

You must be registered for see images attach

Damn, looks like a heavy haul with that bed. Looks like it was a pretty awesome truck

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Had to haul the wife's Odyssey. The timing belt broke. The ******* I bought it from said it was new. Well it was, but he didn't change anything else. The tensioner failed. So now I gotta pull the heads cause I don't have compression on two cylinders. Hope it's fixable!
On the upside! The 6.0 pulled like a tank.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
It's a sign! My wife needs to go back to the Burb permanently! Then I can get rid of this POS!

This confirms it. Never owning a minivan...unless it's something I get to trash and beat on...
I'm trying to convince my GF to let me build her a K2500 Burb in the future, because we are never, EVER, owning a minivan.
I also told her if she wants a van, she's getting an old Chevy G30 panel van.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
This confirms it. Never owning a minivan...unless it's something I get to trash and beat on...
I'm trying to convince my GF to let me build her a K2500 Burb in the future, because we are never, EVER, owning a minivan.
I also told her if she wants a van, she's getting an old Chevy G30 panel van.
I once said I was never owning a mini-van! Guess that didn't work out too well! They are convenient with kids and they get great gas mileage! But they are a ***** too work on. I could buy a 400 Burb or Tahoe for what it's gonna cost to fix this thing!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully nobody saw you with those vans hooked up out back. I posted this in my build thread, but seems fitting to have here too.

Front end moved with the back end, figured it'd want to pop a wheelie but it was very composed. I did cheat though with a bigger WD hitch to put as much weight back on the front as possible. Seems to drive better with trailer than without.