What did you do to your street truck today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

They were AC Delco. Today I drive the truck and it has a miss under load. So, I go to advance and argue with the parts guy untill he gives me new plugs for exchange for the platinums that messed up. He said they don't have a warranty of any kind. Then I point out to him the warranty is good for 3 years or 100,000 miles. I've only put 10,000 miles on them and its been 13 months. Well, today I put the new plugs in. And I realize 2 of my MSD wires are messed up. So I'm thinking the MSD wires are the reason for the miss. I went to O'reillys and bought the cheapest set of plug wires. But it got dark before I had a chance to put them in. I tried, but the manifolds were still hot and I don't enjoy getting my hands on them. Tommorrow after the cable guy comes to disconnect my cable and internet, I'm changing the plug wires. Hopefully that fixes the miss.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta keep those wires off the exhaust manifolds/headers dude or they'll roast on ya. I have Accel Spirals on my Silvy and I thought they went bad on me but and then I remembered my spark plugs hadn't been changed for almost 2 years and were my problem.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta keep those wires off the exhaust manifolds/headers dude or they'll roast on ya. I have Accel Spirals on my Silvy and I thought they went bad on me but and then I remembered my spark plugs hadn't been changed for almost 2 years and were my problem.

They were far away from the manifolds. The problem was where they go onto the spark plug, they are all messed up. They won't go on the spark plug all of the way. I wish I would've just drove with the bad plugs till I got home this weekend. I didn't want to drive it 380 miles like that, so now I'm stuck changing plugs and wires. For now on if the plug wires come off for any reason, they are getting replaced. And I'll just replace them with the plugs every year when I change the oil. I'll just get the cheapest wires, they work as long as you don't bother them. I was hoping the MSD wires wouldn't give me that problem, but they are garbage. I have had a bad coil from them and now bad wires, no more MSD for me.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
ive never had luck with MSD wires, Taylor wires have always worked wonders for me and my dad. about $70 for a TBI SBC set.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive never had luck with MSD wires, Taylor wires have always worked wonders for me and my dad. about $70 for a TBI SBC set.

I like Summit's plug wires. They snap on to the plugs and terminals the way MSD wires do, but they are less then half of the price of MSD. I use Summit's wires on my CJ8.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Polished the rear bumper thats never been polished... Its got tiny pitting in the chrome, but not noticeable until you get right up next to it...

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I put my 31 bar billet Precision Grill on today and got the nose of the truck back on!
You must be registered for see images attach