WELL SHOOT... Need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Youll have to look at your rpo codes and see what ratio your gears are. Best bet would be to swap both axles that way you know they match.

Mr_Pud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the rear diff in the new frame was SWR and its gone. is there any marking on the front Diff to confirm 4.10 gearing and it is a 95 frame and diff mine is a 96 will there be any issues there?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
the rear diff in the new frame was SWR and its gone. is there any marking on the front Diff to confirm 4.10 gearing and it is a 95 frame and diff mine is a 96 will there be any issues there?

They all interchange

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Save the money on the diff and use it for parts and a case or two of beer you will need it for this job

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I see you are in Indiana BTW, if you wind up with an extra front diff, I'd come take it off your hands for a reasonable price.

Mr_Pud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would be a reasonable price? I forgot to mention that this truck is going to be fixed up to make extra cash on the side. So I least I have a justifiable reason to swap the frame.... BTW if i was a die hard chevy fan it would kill me to go pick the frame up with a 7.3 PS Im borrowing until i get mine up and running. Makes me want to go back to a diesel..Just to Much $$$ but a couple weeks ago I went across the scales with 26,500 LB GROSS. pulled it like a champ. very slow though.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
What would be a reasonable price? I forgot to mention that this truck is going to be fixed up to make extra cash on the side. So I least I have a justifiable reason to swap the frame.... BTW if i was a die hard chevy fan it would kill me to go pick the frame up with a 7.3 PS Im borrowing until i get mine up and running. Makes me want to go back to a diesel..Just to Much $$$ but a couple weeks ago I went across the scales with 26,500 LB GROSS. pulled it like a champ. very slow though.

I just looke dup your location, you're in southern Indiana, nevermind lol.

I own, and drive, every make under the sun. GMC doesn't give me a thing for driving around in Pigpen. In about 3 year's, I'll replace it with something else, that will likely be another make lol. They won't pay me anything either.

Mr_Pud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update, Although no pics yet. I nabbed the frame last Saturday. I feel like i got a good deal. came with all front suspension!! stearing box ( which i think needed becuse mine was very sloppy or it was just movement from breaking away from frame....) New fuel tank mine leaked when filled to full. (might not be a good thing since now il be able to track fuel mileage...) the rest of the frame is in good shape. Since this time change has went into effect i havent been home without it being dark. will try and get some pics.. cant start on it until this weekend because we have to use the shop for thanks giving dinner... on a brighter side the shop is super clean (which it needed). my plans as of now is clean frame with flap disk and wire wheel. probably going to have to invest in a sand blaster for crevices. Who has experience with some cheap unit that i can purchase dont need a expensive one just one to use every now and then. has to be fairly compact. Most likey going to go with por 15 to coat the entire frame (DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS JOB AGAIN ANYTIME SOON) any one with experience can you help me on the process. thanks. will try and get some pics up soon.