Weird side marker problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99tahoe_z71

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what could be causing my side marker not to work when the turn signal bulb is inserted all the way? If I only insert it partially I get the side marker but it's the hyper flash. If I insert the turn signal bulb all the way I lose the side marker and driver and passenger side light flash with the blinker?? Stumped

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do the turn signal bulb sockets look?

When the headlights are on and turn signal off, does the side marker lamp come on?

When the headlamps are on and turn signal off, the marker lamps get voltage through the headlight/panel dimmer switch and are grounded through one of the lamps connected to ground.

When the headlights are off and turn signal activates, the marker lamp gets voltage from the turn signal switch along with the turn signal lamps.

When the headlights are on and turn signal activated, the marker lamp is getting voltage from both connections (headlight switch and turn signal) so
the marker lamp should go off when that side turn signal bulb goes on. The marker lamp should go on when voltage is removed from the turn signal (via the turn signal flasher) as it is then grounded through the turn signal lamp. They'll alternate flashing that way.

If it isn't working when the turn signal bulb is installed, sounds like a bad connection at the turn signal bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk