Weird expanding noise under glovebox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
My 98 Silverado is Making weird expanding noise under my glove box can't figure out what it is.Can u guys help has this happen to any one before

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Not too sure what an "expanding" noise is, but since its in the vicinity of the glove box i'd guess a blend door motor?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
when you say "expanding" do you mean explosive? Like there's a bomb going off under your dash?:eek:

Thats what I think of as an expanding noise:D

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a noise in mine as well, never really thought about describing it that way. To me I would've described it as almost like someone grinding their teeth. It's a weird noise.

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
Yea I guess I just didnt know what other way to describe it maybe I said wrong but its like a weird noise I really dont know how to say it really

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is the recirculation door motor. Mine makes a popping noise for 30 secs everytime i start or turn off truck or hit max/recirculation. About impossible to get to without tearing whole dash on my 94, maybe the vortec truck is easier to reach.

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The air boxes are the same, equally difficult to get to. You need a 1/4" air ratchet to get the recirc motor out. I did them in both of my trucks last year. Doesn't take too long once you figure it out. But you will need an air ratchet. There is not enough room for a regular ratchet.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it make the noise only when the truck is moving? If so it could be a body bad mount under that corner,my old S-10 had an annoying noise that came and went under the dash pass. side and turned out to be the body sagging over the mount.