"Weakest Link"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ancho

Reaction score
Yah, 6.0L is my plan for my GMT400 Escalade that I just bought. Would solve the problem of being rather underpowered, being a heavy pig that it is.

The GMT400 trucks just feel like home to me - I've owned 3 of them now, first one back in '02, so it's a very familiar platform to work on and drive. I had a GMT400 Tahoe for a while, and it was nice, but I never really got to feeling like it was mine.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yah, 6.0L is my plan for my GMT400 Escalade that I just bought. Would solve the problem of being rather underpowered, being a heavy pig that it is.

The GMT400 trucks just feel like home to me - I've owned 3 of them now, first one back in '02, so it's a very familiar platform to work on and drive. I had a GMT400 Tahoe for a while, and it was nice, but I never really got to feeling like it was mine.

Man I really really want to swap in a 6.0 now. I just called around to some local junkyards and here's what I found. I found a 6.0 with about 40K on it with all the accessories for about $1250. The guy told me he would throw in all the wiring and the computer if I came and pulled the wiring myself. My engine is still working but it almost makes me want to do it! lol. with the conversion adapters and stuff I could probably do it for less than $2000. That seems like a good deal to me to basically have a brand new truck. Unfortunately The only thing that is "wrong" with my truck is what I think is a sticky lifter and that seems to be getting better after a treatment of Rislone.

ancho

Reaction score
That's a great deal for a low mileage 6.0, I'd jump on that.

Man I really really want to swap in a 6.0 now. I just called around to some local junkyards and here's what I found. I found a 6.0 with about 40K on it with all the accessories for about $1250. The guy told me he would throw in all the wiring and the computer if I came and pulled the wiring myself. My engine is still working but it almost makes me want to do it! lol. with the conversion adapters and stuff I could probably do it for less than $2000. That seems like a good deal to me to basically have a brand new truck. Unfortunately The only thing that is "wrong" with my truck is what I think is a sticky lifter and that seems to be getting better after a treatment of Rislone.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a great deal for a low mileage 6.0, I'd jump on that.

That's what I thought I'm just trying to justify the expense and the work that it is when I have an engine that is currently running... but It won't stay running with out some work for nearly as long as a 40K motor would... Honestly I'm mostly worried about being able to do the swap myself...

Here's a question for someone who has put a 6.0 in a gmt400... What kind of mileage can I expect? How would the mileage compare to a 5.3?