Wanting straight pipes on my 93

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Looking at maybe doing cat back dual straight pipes on my truck and was wanting some opinions on what size pipes and tips to run to sound good and healthy. Wanting to exit next to the hitch. I have 3 inch pipe after the cat going into my current muffler. If you have any videos I'd love to see them. Truck is a 93 ECSB with a 350.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Go find a goat. Give it a ton of ******. Find a sheep in heat. Put the two in a pen. Let eh goat rape the sheep. Straight pipes sound just like that.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Exactly, just put in the knockoff 10 series if you want loud, or a race bullet, or pretty much anything at all.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
In my opinion straights with no cats or mufflers sound awful, on the other hand if you leave the cats it has some tone left to it, and sounds pretty good. Just make sure to get bigger pipe, I'd say 2.5, the small the pipe the more rasp your exhaust will have. Also the bigger the tip the deeper the resonance. My truck is true dualed with no cats into a 2 in 2 out Cherry Bomb Vortex into 4" tips. Honestly I've had too many setups on my truck.

Current setup
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
">

Before the headers
">

This was basically straight pipes they were flowpack bullet type mufflers
">

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I run stock manifolds/y pipe, going straight into a 3" cherry bomb knockoff, then making a 90 degree turn out in front of the right rear wheel. Its loud and rumbles, doesn't sound terrible but a deeper toned muffler would be better.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Honestly the best thing for you to do is to try it, thats the only way you know if you will like it.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Honestly the best thing for you to do is to try it, thats the only way you know if you will like it.

Yes, the subject is highly subjective, and what you love today you may hate tomorrow. Youtube vids are deceptive.

I used to have a Mustang with full length headers, no cat's, cam's, and an SLP loudmouth exhaust. It had no muffler's, just resonators. I thought it was great at first. I could set off car alarms, scare kids, all of that. Then I started getting pulled over, going on long trips... Suddenly putting a pair of Super 44's in it seemed like a better idea lol.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Yes, the subject is highly subjective, and what you love today you may hate tomorrow. Youtube vids are deceptive.

I used to have a Mustang with full length headers, no cat's, cam's, and an SLP loudmouth exhaust. It had no muffler's, just resonators. I thought it was great at first. I could set off car alarms, scare kids, all of that. Then I started getting pulled over, going on long trips... Suddenly putting a pair of Super 44's in it seemed like a better idea lol.
Exactly, I had a buddy of mine that had a 92 K1500 305 5 speed that was true dual ed with gutted cats that he welded a v plate in. That truck was rediculously loud but it sounded soo good and that truck pulled harder than any gmt400 I've rode in up until my truck with the stuff I've got done to it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayruiz87